My main research interest is service-oriented modeling of complex system, and in particular in the field of engineering privacy by design.
I work on the conceptualization, design, and implementation of methods and tools for modeling the intersection between business requirements and the corresponding IT systems.
I also enjoy working on teaching methods for computer science students.
My current projects include:
- Privacy by Design in the Age of Agile and Microservices: a joint work with Carmela Troncoso and Seda Gürses, we look into what changes for privacy technologies because of the agile and the microservices paradigms
- Verification of RESTful services: a work-in-progress on how to verify service-system properties with Stainless by LARA, EPFL.
- Comparison framework for modeling methods: a joint work with Jaap Gordijn where we look for a reference comparison framework for conceptual modeling methods.
- Biz <-> REST: a method and a tool for modeling web services and service-oriented business models together
I’m open for collaborations, so please don’t hesitate to contact me.
If you are a student who wants to work with me, send me an email.
(a short list because I have no long list, otherwise I would have bragged about it):
- Requirements Elicitation with a Service Canvas for Packaged Enterprise Systems. Blagovesta Kostova, Lucien Etzlinger, David Derrier, Gil Regev, Alain Wegmann. RE 2019 [preprint]
- Comparison of Two Value-Modeling Methods: e3value and SEAM. Blagovesta Kostova, Jaap Gordijn, Gil Regev, Alain Wegmann. RCIS 2019 [preprint]
- Service-Oriented Business Design for IT Students. Blagovesta Pirelli, Alain Wegmann. FiE 2018 [blog post] [preprint]
- Teaching Business Design at an Engineering School–Principles/Patterns/Practice. Blagovesta Kostova, Gorica Tapandjieva, Alain Wegmann. ISPIM 2017
- Co-Design of Business and IT Services - a Tool-Supported Approach. Blagovesta Pirelli, Natalia Nessler, Alain Wegmann. Data-Driven Business Services. ICSOC 2018 [preprint]
- Technology-Transfer Requirements Engineering (TTRE) - on the Value of Conceptualizing Alternatives. Blagovesta Pirelli, Alain Wegmann. MREBA. ER 2018 [blog post] [preprint]
- A Proposition for a Design Method of Service Systems. Blagovesta Kostova. DC. ICSOC 2017 [preprint]
My teaching assignments include:
- Software engineering
- Enterprise and service-oriented architecture
- Business design of IT services
- Negotiation techniques
- Organizational behavior
- I’m the president of LauzHack, a student association that organizes the LauzHack hackathon, the biggest student-run hackathon in Switzerland.
- I’m a member of PolyProg, an association that organizes HC2, the biggest student programming competition in Switzerland.